Town of MonumentEstablished 1879
Elevation 7,135 Feet
Welcome from the Mayor
As Mayor of Monument, it is with great pleasure that I welcome you to one of the oldest towns in Colorado.
Monument is unique in that we are located near a metropolitan area, while retaining small town charm in a rural setting. I believe the quality of life in Monument ranks as the highest in the area. The recreational opportunities and wonderful neighborhoods are balanced with Monument’s historic charm that is found in the community's downtown area. These characteristics help make Monument a distinct community, but it is our people that truly make us special. I am confident that you will find the citizens of Monument to be friendly with old-fashioned values and a progressive spirit.
As stated in our Town motto, we are “Proud of our Past – Confident of our Future”. We are happy that you chose Monument as your home, and we hope that you will share your ideas in helping us to shape that future.
Hope to see you soon in Monument and may God bless you.
Travis W. Easton
Upcoming May Events
- Water Department Hydrant Flushing - notices were included in latest water bills
- Town cleanup day - Large dumpsters will be provided at the public works facilities at 506 n. Jefferson. An add will be placed in the tribune newspaper noting what will be acceptable - and not acceptable
- Town board meeting 6:30 pm
- Second annual take pride in monument day - Large groups of volunteers will be working on various projects under the direction of vicki mynhier email@example.com help clean and beautify our community. The proclamation was presented at the may 6th board of trustees meeting.
- Memorial day celebration at the monument cemetery (observed) More information coming soon